About the Doctoral Platform
The Doctoral Platform Geisenheim - Giessen - Marburg
- is based on cooperation agreements between Hochschule Geisenheim University and Justus Liebig University Giessen, 2012, and Philipps-Universität Marburg, 2015, in which they express the intention to cooperate in the fields of research and teaching.
- serves as the link between Hochschule Geisenheim University and Justus Liebig University Giessen, as well as Philipps-University Marburg.
- is an offer for doctoral candidates from the three Hessian universities. In particular, it supports young researchers from Hochschule Geisenheim University during all stages of their doctorate who are conducting research projects in collaboration with Justus Liebig University Giessen or Philipps-Universität Marburg.
is managed by the steering committee.
The day-to-day business is handled by the Doctoral Platform's Coordinating Office.
- To simplify the procedures of joint Doctoral Projects, Hochschule Geisenheim University as well as the Departments of Biology & Chemistry, Agricultural Sciences, Nutritional Sciences & Environmental Management at Justus Liebig University Giessen and the Department of Biology at Philipps-Universität Marburg are using common documents for Doctoral Applicants.
The Doctoral Platform's aim is to simplify the procedures of joint doctoral research projects between Hochschule Geisenheim University and Justus Liebig University Giessen, as well as Philipps-Universität Marburg.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- The Platform's Coordinating Office forwards the applications for admission as a Doctoral Candidate approved by Hochschule Geisenheim University's Doctoral Committee to the cooperating university department.
- Source of information about university requirements for Doctorates.
- Maintainig the reporting system.
- Desiging and planning of joint training and qualification measures with Hochschule Geisenheim University's Graduate School.
- Presenting all offers available to Doctoral Candidates of the graduate centers and schools of Hochschule Geisenheim University, Justus Liebig University Giessen, and Philipps-Universität Marburg.
- Streamlining the procedures of joint Doctorates at Hochschule Geisenheim University with Justus Liebig University Giessen or Philipps-Universität Marburg.
- Co-financing of two Doctoral Positions state-of-the-art research projects at Hochschule Geisenheim University together with Justus Liebig University Giessen's Faculty 09 and Philipps-Universität Marburg's Department 17.